Every Community Action agency is required to have a tripartite board consisting of equal parts of local private sector, public sector, and low-income community representatives. This structure brings together community leaders from each of these groups to collaborate on developing responses to local needs and allowing for maximum feasible participation in both the creation and administration of our programs.
Interested parties may contact Jennifer Wintermyer for upcoming locations and agendas.
Join Our Board
To that end, we are actively recruiting new board members who can offer the key skills needed to manage and grow the organization.
Some areas of expertise we are actively recruiting are:
- Finance Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Capacity
- Human Resource
- Public Relations/Communication
- Teaching/Education/Curriculum Development
- Economic Development
- Grant writing
- Building corporate sponsorship
The right candidate will:
- Live or work in Cumberland, Dauphin, or Perry County.
- Be able to attend a monthly committee / Board meeting.
- Be informed about the concerns and opinions of low-income people in your area.
If you are interested in serving on our Board, please click here to complete an application.
Should you have questions, or want to request more information about joining our board, you are invited to contact Executive Director, Jennifer Wintermyer via email, here, or by phone at 717.232.9757